ICSSR Institutional Doctoral Fellowships for the Year 2023-24
ISID is a national-level policy research institution affiliated with the ICSSR. The Institute has been allocated a few doctoral fellowships by ICSSR to provide guidance for PhD scholars in Economics, particularly in the areas of industrialisation, corporate governance, international trade, FDI, investment, technology, MSMEs, employment and labour markets. Applications in the prescribed format are invited from suitable candidates for award of Institutional Doctoral Fellowships, at the ISID.
- The candidate must have a confirmed PhD registration (Research Advisory Committee (RAC) approved) at any of the institutions mentioned at 1.1 of the Doctoral Fellowship Guidelines (https://www.icssr.org/doctoral-fellowship). It includes the requirements of clearance of Research Entrance Test (RET); The Ph.D. topic must have been confirmed.
- The candidate must not be more than 40 years of age on the last date of application. There shall be an age relaxation of 5 years for SC / ST / OBC-(NCL) candidates & Persons with benchmark disability (PWD).
- The candidate must have secured a minimum 45% marks in Graduation and 55% in Post-Graduation or equivalent grades in any social science discipline. Five per cent (5%) relaxation of marks will be given to SC / ST / OBC-(NCL) candidates & Persons with benchmark Disability (PwD). The submission of marks sheets, particularly of Graduation and Post-Graduation are mandatory otherwise the candidate shall be considered as Not Eligible.
- NET will carry weightage in the assessment of research proposal. But NET qualification is not mandatory for eligibility purposes. However, the submission of the NET Certificate is mandatory to secure weightage in assessment.
- Candidates who have already availed UGC Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) / Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) / Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF) / ICSSR / ICAR / CSIR / ICPR / ICMR / ICHR / Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Foundation Fund Fellowship (JNMF) or any such major doctoral fellowship are not eligible to apply. Candidates drawing UGC Non-NET Fellowship are eligible.
They should be willing to work under the supervision of one of the ISID faculty members as his/her guide or co-guide.
Duration and Value:
Fellowship amount would be ₹20,000/- per month and a contingency grant of ₹20,000/- per annum is also provided. Duration of the fellowship is two years or till the date of PhD submission at the university, whichever is earlier. Doctoral Fellow should be a full-time bonafide PhD student at the affiliating university throughout the duration of fellowship tenure.
The applicants seeking consideration under Institutional Doctoral Fellowship Scheme needs to apply through the ICSSR website in online mode (https://app.icssr.org/) and select ‘ICSSR Research Institute’ in Section III of the online application form. Each applicant is required to apply through one Institute only under Institutional Doctoral Fellowship Scheme, else the applications will be rejected.
The last date for online submission of application is October 27, 2023 and the last date for receipt of hard copy of application in ICSSR is November 6, 2023. Applicants are advised to apply well before the last date in order to avoid last moment glitches. The applications can be filled either in English or in Hindi.
For eligibility conditions and online application visit the ICSSR’s Website at https://icssr.org/call-applications-icssr-centrally-administered-doctoral-fellowships-financial-year-2023-24
ISID provides opportunity to Research Scholars from recognised Indian Universities and Colleges, who work on topics related to the research focus of ISID, to do use the facilities at ISID for their research. The research scholars would be provided with space to work in ISID and be able to use the resources available at ISID such as databases and library. They are required to work under the joint supervision of one of the faculty members of ISID. Interested research scholars may express their interest to Director ISID at [email protected] through their concerned University/College.