Prof. K.V.K. Ranganathan
Prof. Ranganathan did his Masters Degree in Commerce from Andhra University, Waltair, in 1976 and Ph.D., in Commerce from Department of Commerce, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra in 1991. The Ph.D. dissertation was on ???Export Promotion and Indian Joint Ventures Abroad???. He also did??
Prof. Ranganathan teaches ???Computer Application in Business’ paper at Department of Commerce, Jamia Millia Islamia for M.Com. (Final) students since 1994-95 as a guest faculty and has
List of articles/publications/productions
- ???Economic History of Tobacco Production in India???, and ???Potential Impact of Supply-side Action??? two Sub-chapters for the ???Collaborative Approaches for Tobacco Control in India??? research project sponsored by the Ministry of Health, Govt. of India and the
U SCenter for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), Department of Health & Human Services. The same has been published in ???Report on Tobacco Control in India???, (Eds.) K. Srinath Reddy, and Prakash C Gupta, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, 2004.
- ???Review of Existing Policies and Legislations of MSEs in India and Uttar Pradesh???, report submitted to the International Labour Organisation (ILO), February 2004.
- ??? India ‘s External Trade during the ???Nineties: Some Aspects – An Analysis of Customs House and Company Data???, a project report sponsored by the Planning Commission, 2002.
- ???Foreign Institutional Investments and the Indian Stock Market???, published in Journal of Indian School of Political Economy, Oct-Dec. 1999.
- ???Some Aspects of the Indian Stock Market in the Post-Liberalisation Period???, published in Journal of Indian School of Political Economy, Oct.-Dec., 1999.
- ???Foreign Direct Investments in the Post-Liberalisation Period: An Overview???, published in Journal of Indian School of Political Economy, July-Sep. 1999.
- ???Indian Company Law and Protection of Shareholders’ Interest???, ISID Working Paper, November 1998.
- ???Foreign Private Capital: Penetration through Collaborations???, Young Indian, October 11,
- “Foreign Investment Approvals & Implementation Status: A Review (August 1991 -December 1994)”, project report submitted to the Ministry of Finance, March 1995.
- “Foreign Direct Investment Approvals: An Analysis (August 1991 to July 1993)”, a report submitted to the Deptt. of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, New
Delhi , March,1994.
- “ISID Development Indices -Monitoring Stock Exchange Trends”, a report submitted to the Deptt. of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, New Delhi, March 1994.
- “Directory of Joint of Stock Companies in
India .1990: A Review”, August 1992, The Report was submitted to the Department of Company Affairs, Government of India.
- “India ‘s Imports and Exports: Some Insights (An Analysis of Daily Trade Register Data)”,
- ???Industrial Policy Changes Since 1998??? in Alternative Economic Survey 1998-2000, Alternative Survey Group, June 2000.
- ???Indian Joint Ventures and Foreign Exchange Earnings”, a Working Paper of the Institute for Studies in Industrial Development, 1990.
- “Profile of Indian Joint Ventures Abroad”, a Working Paper of the Institute for Studies in Industrial Development, 1989.
- “Indian Joint Ventures Abroad” presented in the IDPAD Seminar on “The Impact of MNCs on India’s Position in the International Division of Labour” held during 14-16
January,1988 at Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi.
- “Indian Joint Ventures Abroad with special reference to Islamic Countries”, Economic & Political Weekly, May 19-26,
1984 .The paper was earlier presented at a seminar on ” India ‘s Relations with Islamic Countries: Common Challenges & Responses” held at Osmania University ,Hyderabad during March,1983.
- (a) Member of the Project Team: ???ISID Research Reference CD’.
- (b) Principal Researcher: ???ISID Index Series Volume Two: Sixteen Economic Journals’,
- (c) Principal Researcher: ???ISID Index Series Volume One: Economic & Political Weekly ??? 1966-96′,