One-Week Workshop on Audio-Visual Media as a Tool in Research for Research Scholars
March 25-30, 2019
Objective of the Course
The Institute for Studies in Industrial Development (ISID) is organizing a One-Week Workshop on Audio-Visual Media as a Tool in Research for Social Science Researchers during March 25 ??? 30, 2019. The workshop is sponsored by the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), New Delhi.
In recent years, audio-visual media and the technology needed for its production is becoming increasingly accessible both in terms of ease of use as well as cost. Digital media productions are being used more and more by government departments, corporate houses as well as NGO???s and other developmental organizations. However, social scientists and researchers in most academic institutions, who are doing a lot of meaningful work, have yet not fully realized the potential of integrating audio-visuals in their work. Basic understanding and training in the use of this medium and its integration in dissemination for more effective impact and outreach by researcher scholars is the main objective of this workshop. Techniques of visual data collection and analysis, along with ethical and moral norms that are unique to this medium need to be understood.
The focus of the workshop is to familiarise the participants with audio visual media tools and motivate researchers and academics to use this medium as a tool, to not only enhance the content but also to reach the wider audience and impact of their research.
Broad elements of the workshop are:
- Understanding visual mass media
- Role and relevance of visual output in survey, the audio-visual media v/s print
- Corporate communication
- Development communication
- MoJo (mobile journalism)
- Audio Visual Media as a tool in research
- Providing visual insight & analysing visual content
- Supplementing other data
- Confirming or refuting findings
- Collecting video-based data-subjectivity and authenticity issues, ethical issues
- Presentation and dissemination (Effective communication of research findings, communication strategy)
- Presentation Skills and the new technology
- Integrating Audio-Visual Data into presentations
- The INTERNET (web)
- Audio-Visual and multimedia production techniques
- Understanding the technology
- Knowing the basics and handling the camera equipment
- Editing software- easy accessibility and use
- Exporting the output content in different media
- Hands on Production of A-V Output
- Understanding Social Media, blogging and uploading AVM content in the social media and web and its impact.
Target Group and Selection Process
Young researchers/teachers in academic institutions, colleges and university departments who are primarily from the social sciences discipline and whose work requires field surveys are eligible to apply. All applications should be applied through respective departments/institution. The batch will consists of 25-30 participants and selection will be based on relevance of research areas on all India basis. Preference will be given to suitable SC/ST candidates applying with proper documentation. The selected scholars will be paid to and fro 2nd class railway fare from the place of study/work. For outstation participants there is provision for boarding and lodging at the Institute for the duration of the programme.
Those desirous of participating in the programme may send their applications, downloadable for ISID website, in the prescribed format along with a write-up of around 500 words on their area of research interest to the Programme Coordinator, through email at email@example.com, before February 28, 2019.
For Further Details and Workshop Updates Contact
Institute for Studies in Industrial Development
4 Institutional Area Phase II, Vasant Kunj
New Delhi ??? 110070 INDIA
Telephone: +91 11 2676 4600
Fax: +91 11 2612 2448