Research Internship Programme
ISID has an internship programme for the final year students of Master’s programme in Social Sciences such as M.A. in Economics; M.Sc. in Science Communication; etc.; M.B.A; and L.L.B. Various universities and academic institutions have been approaching ISID for summer internship for 2-3 months duration. Summer training for final year students in some universities is part of the curriculum. Keeping in view of the regular request from institutions, ISID has decided to initiate an internship programme for a period up to three months. During the internship period, the interns are expected to work under the guidance of the faculty members at the Institute and prepare a theme paper on the subject chosen after consultations. The interns are provided a monthly stipend of Rs. 5000. Intended interns have to apply through their concerned Departments of the university or institution to Director ISID at email@example.com.
- Three M.Sc. students namely; Mr Rayies Altaf, Mr Nagendra Chaturvedi and Mr Rajendra Joshi from Centre for Science Communication, Devi Ahilya Vishwa Vidhyala, Indore were recommended by the University. They joined the Institute on March 01, 2008 to work with the Media Centre, ISID for a period of three months. They did their internship under the guidance of the Media Centre faculty comprising Prof. Abhilasha Kumari and Ms Seema Goyal Papola. Dr Partha Pratim Sahu was the subject expert. They completed a multimedia production including a short documentary film ‘Small Scale Sector: Technology, Employment and Competition’ based on the Working Paper by Dr Partha Pratim Sahu, titled ‘Adoption of Improved Technology in India’s Small-scale Industries: Evidences from a Field Survey’.
- Mr Bhawesh Kumar Sah, who was doing his M.Sc. in Financial Economics at the Madras School of Economics, Chennai, did his summer internship at the Institute in June-July 2008. He worked on the ‘Finances of Large Indian Software Companies’ under the supervision of Prof. Surajit Mazumdar.
- Two students, Mr Rajiv Katyal and Mr Abhishek Raj, both from Central University, Hyderabad, joined for their summer internships at the ISID during May-July 2009. They worked under the supervision of faculty members, Prof. K.S. Chalapati Rao and Prof. Surajit Mazumdar respectively, and produced a project report each. Mr Abhishek’s report was on the ‘Financing of FDI Companies in India’ and Mr Rajiv’s on ‘Role of Cross-Holdings in the Control Mechanism of the Indian Private Corporate Sector: An Exploratory Study’.
- Ms Kirti Gupta from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, did her summer internship at the ISID from 18 May – 22 July 2010. She worked under the supervision of K.V.K. Ranganathan and produced a project report on ‘An Analysis of New and Ongoing Project Investments – Based on CapEx Database.’
- Ms Shalini Taya, Centre for Economic Studies and Planning, Jawaharlal Nehru University prepared a report on ‘SAARC Market Integration’ under the supervision of Prof. T.P. Bhat during June 2011.
- Ms Arvinder Walia, Department of Economics, Panjab University, Chandigarh, prepared a report on ‘India’s Experience with FDI Inflows on Account of Mergers and Acquisitions: A Case Study of Cement Industry’ under the supervision of Prof. K.S. Chalapati Rao during a four-month internship from January 2012.
- Ms Jasmine, Department of Economics, Panjab University, Chandigarh, prepared a report on ‘Economic Growth Experience of Indian States’ under the supervision of Dr Mahua Paul and Dr Jagannath Mallick during a four-month internship from January 2012.
- Ms Jasmine Kaur Ludhar, Department of Economics, Panjab University, Chandigarh, prepared a report on ‘Trend and Pattern of Structural Changes in Punjab and the Indian Economy: A Comparative Analysis’ under the supervision of Prof. T.S. Papola during a four-month internship from January 2012.
- Ms Shruti Sharma, Department of Economics, Panjab University, Chandigarh, prepared a report on ‘Prospects of Growth in Retail Trade in India’ under the supervision of Dr Satyaki Royduring a four-month internship from January 2012.
- Ms Richa Khurana, Department of Economics, Panjab University, Chandigarh, pursuing research on ‘Analysing the Export Behaviour of Indian Private Corporate Sector: A Case Study of Manufacturing Firms’.
- Mr. Mihira of Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Hyderabad, did his internship on ‘Regional Disparities in Development in India’ under the supervision of Dr Satyaki Roy, Associate Professor during 3rd May to 9th June 2017 as part of requirement for the degree M.A. in Development Studies.
- Mrs. Aakarshita Agarwal, Department of Economics, Punjab University, prepared an internship report on ‘A study on the salient features of FDI in R&D in India during 2004-2016’ in partial fulfilment of the requirement for the degree of M.A. in Economics under the supervision of Dr. Reji K. Joseph.