Vision / Mission
To become a leading forum for research, discussion and dissemination of strategies for India becoming an industrial giant in its own right keeping in view the regional and national requirements, resource endowments, constraints and international obligations and in conformity with the Directive Principles of State Policy which inter alia obligate the State to ensure that
- the ownership and control of the material resources of the community are so distributed as best to subserve the common good; and
- the operation of the economic system does not result in the concentration of wealth and means of production to the common detriment;
- to undertake, promote, and co-ordinate research in the area of industrial development, with special emphasis on the problems of India and its relationship with other countries of the world;
- to provide a forum for exchange of views for understanding of the operations of socio-economic systems in the globalising India; and
- to build and maintain research infrastructure and databases on the Indian economy in general and the industrial and corporate sectors, in particular;
- to provide academic and professional training and guidance to agencies, institutions and scholars engaged in advanced study and research in the area of industrial economics and related policy issues.