Did his Ph.D. in Health Economics and M.Sc. in Economics from Vidyasagar University, Midnapur, West Bengal.
He had more than 7 years of research experience in Health Economics particularly in health financing, health equity, assessing health care system in terms of out of pocket payments, measuring impoverish impact of catastrophic health care payment, health system research, health policy research and related fields.
University Grant Commission (UGC) national eligibility test for lectureship and junior research fellowship in economics.
- Mondal S. and Gupta I. (2013). “How costly is safe sex? An economic analysis of the commercial sex market in India”, Global Health Perspectives Vol.1,No.1, pp25-32.
- Mondal S. (2013). “Health care services in India: A few questions on equity”, Health, Vol.5,No.1, pp53-62.
- Mondal S., Kanjilal B., Peters D. and Lucas H. (2010). “Catastrophic out-of-pocket payment for health care and its impact on households: experience from West Bengal, India”, CPRC website, University of Manchester, UK.
- Kanjilal B., Mondal S. et.al. (2010). “Health care in the Sundarbans (India): challenges and plan for a better future”.
- Sengupta A. and Mondal S. (2009). “Efficiency and financing in catering primary health care to the poors: a study of rural health services in India”, Journal of Health Management, Vol.11,No. 3, pp501-526.
- Kanjilal B., Mondal S. et.al. (2008). “Catastrophic health care payment: how much protected are the users of public hospitals?”
- Kanjilal B, Mondal S. et.al.(2008). “Barriers to access immunization services: a study in Murshidabad, West Bengal”.
- Kanjilal B., Mondal S. et.al.(2007). "Health, Equity and Poverty: Exploring the Link in West Bengal, India".
- Kanjilal B., Mondal S. et.al. (2007). “A parallel health care market: rural practitioners in West Bengal, India”.
- Sau S., Mondal S. and Prodhan G. (2006). “Planning and implementation of integrated rural development programme: a comparative study with special reference to two districts of Orissa and West Bengal”, Journal of Bengal Economic Association, pp 01-07.
- Gupta I. and Mondal S., “Fiscal Space for Health Spending in South East Asia”, under review in Journal of Health care Finance (revised and resubmitted)
- Gupta I. and Mondal S., “Urban Health in India: A Challenge to Policymaking”, under review in Journal of Urban Policy Research
- Gupta I. and Mondal S., “How does elderly health impact on poverty? Evidence from India”, to be submitted in Journal of Economics of Ageing. This paper was presented in Harvard-Stanford conference on "Economic Aspects of Population Aging in China and India" to be held March 7-8, 2013 at Stanford University
- Gupta I. and Mondal S., “Macroeconomic-Plus and the Health Sector: A Perspective from South-East Asia”, under review in Journal of Annual Review of Public Health
- Mondal S., “Unqualified Rural Medical Practitioners and Health Care Services in India: Few Challenges and Options for Better Services”, under review in an International journal