Shailender K. Hooda is Assistant Professor at the Institute. He did his Ph.D (Economics) from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Thesis title ‘Decentralization and Financing of Public Health Care Services in Rural India’.
Research Interest: Health Economics (access and equity in health, benefit incidence analysis, etc.), Public Health, Environment and Health, Health Financing (public spending, insurance and other sources), Center and States Finances and Financial relation, Institutional Economics, Issues related to Governance and Decentralization, Gender Issues and Gender Budgeting, Micro-economics, Applied Econometrics. He has expertise in handling NSS unit level data and data related to Indian economy, conducting and designing primary survey. He is very comfortable with econometric/statistical packages like STATA, E-views and SPSS.
Previously, he was teaching at Motilal Nehru College-E, University of Delhi, Delhi and Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak (Haryana). He has also worked at National Council of Applied Economic Research, New Delhi and National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi.
- Shailender Kumar Hooda (2016). Effectiveness of Local Government and Community Participation in Health Service Delivery in Rural Haryana, International Journal of Rural Management, Sage Publication, Vol. 12(1): 1-24, onlinefirst published on March 27; http://irm.sagepub.com/content/early/2016/03/27/0973005216633957.full.pdf+html
- Shailender Kumar Hooda (2016). Determinants of Public Expenditure on Health in India: A Panel Data Analysis at Sub-National Level, Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer, http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40953-016-0033-8
- Shailender Kumar Hooda (2015). Health Insurance, Health Access and Financial Risk Protection. Economic & Political Weekly, Vol. 50, Issue No. 50, 12 December, 2015. http://www.epw.in/journal/2015/50/special-articles/health-insurance-health-access-and-financial-risk-protection.html
- Shailender Kumar Hooda (2015). Government Spending on Health in India: Some Hopes and Fears of Policy Changes. Journal of Health Management, Sage Publication, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 458-486, December, web link: http://jhm.sagepub.com/content/17/4/458?etoc
- Shailender Kumar Hooda (2014). Health Expenditure, Health Outcomes and the Role of Decentralized Governance: Evidences from Rural India, Journal of Indian School of Political Economy, Vol. XXVI (January-December 2014).
- Shailender Kumar Hooda (2015). 'Decentralisation for Good Governance and Development: Empirical Evidence from India'. In Eds. Surjit Singh and Dhruv Raina "Society and Development: Regional Perspectives", Rawat Publication, New Delhi, November 30, 2015, pp.93-118
click here for more