ICSSR Institutional Doctoral Fellowships 2019-20
The Institute for Studies in Industrial Development (ISID is a national-level policy research institution affiliated to the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR). The Institute has facility to provide guidance for Ph.D. scholars in Economics particularly in the areas of industrialisation, corporate sector, international trade, investment, technology, public health, labour and employment. Applications in the prescribed format are invited from suitable candidates for award of Institutional Doctoral Fellowships (three) instituted by the ICSSR, at the ISID.
- Post-graduate in social sciences (including allied subjects like statistics, management, commerce and development studies) with at least 55% marks and minimum 50% marks in Graduation;
- Relaxation of 5% marks/corresponding grades will be made for candidates falling under the SC/ST category;
- The candidate should have cleared NET/SLET/M.Phil. from a recognised university or the candidates who are registered after qualifying Research Entrance Test (RET) conducted by a university or have at least two research articles published in reputed professional journals in social sciences;
- Candidates who have already availed of UGC Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)/Rajiv Gandhi Doctoral Fellowship (RGDF)/Maulana Azad Doctoral Fellowship (MADF) are not eligible to apply; and
- The applicant must be registered for Ph.D. in any of the Indian universities/institutes within the UGC/ICSSR framework. They should be willing to work under the supervision of one of the ISID faculty members as his/her guide or co-guide.
Upper age limit is 40 years (can be relaxed by 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) as on the last date of receipt of the completed applications in the ISID.
Duration and Value:
The selected candidate will be paid a fellowship amount of ₹20,000/- per month for two years and a contingency grant of ₹20,000/- per annum. Duration of the fellowship is for two years. Short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
Address for Communication
Completed application forms should be addressed to the Director, Institute for Studies in Industrial Development, 4, Institutional Area, Vasant Kunj Phase II, New Delhi – 110070.
Email for communication: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date for Applications: On or Before September 21, 2019
Note: The Institute cannot be held responsible for any loss/delays in communications. It reserves the right to reject any application without assigning reasons.